The Holiday Illness Claims Process
Here at Sarah Waddington Solicitors we believe it is important for you to make a fully informed decision before instructing a solicitor to act on your behalf.
We understand that legal information can sometimes be complex so we have put together this simple guide to illustrate the typical process we will undertake for a holiday illness claim.
- We receive your initial enquiry
- We assess your case and if we believe you have a valid claim we will open a file
- We will send you our Client Care Pack, including details of our No Win No Fee agreement, our holiday illness questionnaire and details on how to instruct us to take on your case
COMPILING YOUR CASE FILE
- Typically we will use the evidence gathered in the questionnaire to compile a witness statement on your behalf
- Once you have agreed on the final draft of your witness statement, you will be asked to sign a statement to verify that it is an accurate record of your instructions
CLAIM IS FILED
- We file a claim with your tour operator, who will then have 6 months to investiage it.
- If the tour operator admits liability we then instruct a medical specialist to prepare a report.
- In most cases the medical specialist will be able to prepare their report based on the information you provide in your questionnaire and you will not need to go for an examination
- We send the medical report to you to review, check, sign and return back to us
- We send the medical report to the tour operator for them to make an offer for compensation and enter into negotiations with them
Summary of process:
- Provide a completely free, no obligation initial assessment
- Advise if we believe you are legally entitled to compensation
- Offer our services on a No Win No Fee basis (if we believe you have a valid case)
- Compile a witness statement
- File a claim with your tour operator
- Organise a medical assessment
- Keep you updated as the case progresses, providing you with copies of all correspondence and answering any queries you may have
OFFER FROM THE TOUR OPERATOR
- We will share the tour operator offer with you along with our recommendations and take your instructions to accept the offer
- Agree a settlement with the tour operator
- You receive your compensation